Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Thank you lord for your guidance

Some great news to report! First, I got two job offers! One from a large traditional school (this one teaches every kind of English) and one from a more corporate-centric school (this one focuses on Business English, General English and private lessons). After careful thought, I've decided to go with the more corporate one for 3 reasons.

1. I have lots of business experience so it plays to my strengths well.
2. They do 90 min classes not 45 min ones like the other school (this means I only have to plan half as many lessons)
3. They pay better, which means I have more money to use for traveling over here.
Bonus: They also help much more with the visa process here which I would call a nightmare but that's being unfair to most nightmares.

But the good news doesn't stop there! After entirely too much looking, I found a great flat for Tim and I to live in. It is relatively cheap, close to the airport (easier when people visit us), only a short distance from the center of town, and best of all, a place i really like and felt comfortable in the moment I set foot in the door. I've attached a video I shot of the place for anyone who wants a 3 and a half minute guided tour of our soon to be new home (this video was originally shot to show the place to Tim since he couldn't make it to the flat's viewing). Sorry for the lousy camera work but it was shot on my digital pocket camera.

Thanks to everyone who has been praying for me!!!! It really has seemed to help through this tough but meaningful experience. Hopefully before I know it, my friends and family will be dropping by to visit and I'll be traveling to a new city every chance I get! See you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tour Luke! Looks great. Congratulations on your job and flat!
    We will be praying for you and Tim~
    Elayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete