Monday, January 11, 2010

Snow (and lots of it)


Many people told me that they don't really get much snow in Prague. Either this year is unusual or they were lying to me. We've had over a foot of snow in the last 2 1/2 days. Everything is covered. Public transportation (which I use to get everywhere) is barely operating because most of the drivers are in snowplows trying to keep the roads and sidewalks clear. I actually had to call and reschedule my morning lesson today because in 45 minutes only 4 trams came and all of them were overflowing with people before they reached me (normally there would be at least 15+ trams in that time). I will give it this, it certainly is pretty. But oh what a pain to commute in. (fortunately, all the snow has been powder. there is almost no ice)



In other exciting news, my Cowboys destroyed the hated eagles for the 2nd week in a row to advance to the 2nd round. We now face Minnesota on the road but with the way we're playing, I think we can beat anyone right now. On a side note, my dad will probably be going to this game and I am so jealous that aliens from mars made a special trip here recently to ask how I got my skin such a lovely shade of green. Oh well, at least I was able to watch the game from here (it was on from 2-5:30am here and I didn't miss a single minute). I actually ended up not sleeping that night at all because the snow was so beautiful that I decided to go to my park and see it unspoiled before everyone else got there. The pictures do it NO justice (snow is very hard to photograph effectively) but hopefully you can see just a little of what I enjoyed early that morning.

This is just a small part of it

So while the snow continues to fall heavily and bury my city, here are some pictures of the winter wonderland around me.

This is the entrance to my park. Now with 2 foot snowbanks lining its paths


This is a lake believe it or not.

Almost looks like a black and white photo huh?

The result of the day's snow shoveling

My backyard

No comments:

Post a Comment