Saturday, November 28, 2009

Christmas Season Begins!!


Hooray!! My favorite time of year has begun. I love the Christmas season. And yes its for all the obvious sentimental reasons which I won't go into here. I will only say that the one lonely string of christmas lights hung over my window in the picture below have brought me more joy than you can believe.


The Prague Christmas Market in Old Town Square opened today and after having a wonderful (if slightly late) home-cooked Thanksgiving dinner with friends, I stopped by for a visit. The market was lovely at night and definitely different than anything I'd seen in the US. Food, hot wine, christmas ornaments and souvenirs of every kind were on display. I can't wait to go back when it is a little less crowded and do some serious shopping. Hopefully these pictures convey a little of the holiday spirit that was so pervasive there. I also added a short video since the tree's lights are animated.

I visit Vienna friday to pick up my longterm visa. After a trip to their christmas markets I will be perfectly content to enjoy the season here in Praha. I still can't wait to visit home on the 17th but I am definitely happy where I am. Tidings of comfort and joy seem to follow me everywhere I go and I thank God for it. Veselé vánoce!


2 comments: